FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus and masks/face coverings [Consolidated thread]
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:33 am
Wong Jnr

Programs: BA, SQ
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Well, I'm flying to, through and around London today. While I'm not going to wear a mask I am going to pop a few pairs of disposable surgical gloves in my bag. Might seem extreme and look bizare paired with a suit but I think I'm going to wear them through security and any other high contact areas. The amount of people who touch those security trays!
I might look a bit silly but I can live with that to be honest.
So last night I'm on a flight from LGW to SIN, and this Asian couple who take their seats near to me and the wife has taken things way way to the extreme. They were the last to board and she comes on with the mask OK fine, perhaps 3 other people on the plane are wearing one, BUT she's also got lab goggles on and wearing surgical gloves

Funniest thing is when her husband pulls down his mask, she berates him to say that everybody is looking at him for pulling it down. Err no I think everybody is actually looking at you for your getup and drawing attention to yourself

Doesn't end after the flight either, so we get off the flight and there's a sanitising spray which she uses while her gloves are still on, ok weird. Then we get to immigration and now she has to take her gloves off and use the finger print scanner, so out comes her own hand sanitiser and then after those machines are once again hand sanitisers which she uses. I'm chuckling all the way and the husband by now has removed his mask and she berates him one more time for the road, saying how do you expect a taxi to let us in the cab without a mask...
At this point I've had my fill of entertainment and zoom past them. Serious case of the Covid-19 OCDs