FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First QR Q Suite Flight
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:49 am
Bravada04

Well finally finished our first Qatar / Q Suite flights.

We left YUL late because of the snow storm they were having! The first little bit was not how we envisioned our first Q Suite flight - we booked the two seats together ( double bed ) and were looking forward to getting settled and having champagne! We were welcomed and got to our seats and my wife immediately noticed the table tray kept sliding out. It was broken - It couldn't be fixed but with everyone boarding etc., we were kind of ignored. Finally I got the attention of someone and thank goodness they found us two of the same at the back of the second J cabin. We never did get champagne as it was a little chaotic! Not a good first feeling! Nonetheless we enjoyed the seats and loved the food. Unfortunately because we were at the back of the bus now my wife didn't get what she wanted for a meal as by the time it got to her it was gone! I had a great attendant on my side who kept me filled up and always around......on the other hand my wife had a horrible attendant! Just the little things as she was noy personable at all; small things like not setting her table up properly or forgetting something; I am being offered water etc., with my meal and top up of wine - my wife had no water glass and nobody came by to offer the same or top up her drink. So, all in all it was good but definitely some tweaking to say the least!
The rest of our legs were awesome - DOH to BKK and BKK to DOH ( A350 ) All great with excellent service and again we simply LOVED the food on the plane! The flight back to YUL we both chose rear facing window seats so had the same male attendant. He was brutal when it came to service - always too busy and always told I will be back. The other girl noticed this and once he would walk by and say that she would come to the rescue and make sure we were happy! Good on her. He would also walk by and slam the doors shut on the suites - It was actually starting to piss me off so I would open it right back up! It was a chore for him to do anything.
We thought the lounge at DOHA was absolutely fantastic - just beautiful with all the amenities you need. Can't say enough about this lounge! I was actually surprised of the lounge at BKK also - we actually really enjoyed it in their - Food, drinks and service were excellent!
All in all love the Q Suites and LOVED the food - definitely some of the top airline food in our opinion. Everything came hot and had great flavour! Unfortunately you just never know who is going to be your attendant - just like any airline. Would definitely recommend Qatar and very happy to test it out!