FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:57 pm
TalkingPoint

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by canyonleo
There's a Diamond benefit of two free drinks? I've never heard about (nor been offered) that one.
Received a coupon last 3 visits so it's definitely a thing now if it wasn't before. Says good for 2 glasses of champagne at either the Lehua Lounge or Ka’ana Kitchen. Recognition has been consistent: a bottle of champagne to the room, a few chocolates, and the drink coupon.

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Think there were 2 deaths there from tiger sharks within the last 5 years. One right off the andaz house reef.
Here's a link to the report of this incident.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/02/mau...arnings-issued

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I highly recommend a whale watching boat tour if you are in Maui this time of year. Seeing the whales from the beach or hotel balcony is great but seeing them close up is something else entirely.
We were able to get up close along with a few other group of kayakers and one whale tour. We also were able to see them from the plane when we arrived. The pilot notified everyone and there were lots of oohs and aahs heard in the cabin. Wish I had brought my phone for a video. Found out they do have life vests that are purple and have a zippered pocket on the left side which would fit an iPhone 11 max - just wasn't comfortable keeping a phone in my trunks. I will be prepared for next time.