FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Updated] Global Entry, Trusted Traveler Programs Reinstated for NY Residents
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:27 pm
knownothing
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Originally Posted by Ari
I hate again to be the one to make an obvious point, but it is your post that "change[d] the subject" and peculiarly brought up flying in this thread about "Global Entry". (emphasis in original)
?? Ari. Maybe I have had one too many martini's tonight. The tread is titled

"Global Entry, Trusted Traveler Programs Suspended for NY Residents"

The reason for the ban GU is state’s Green Light Law. The law restricts the Department of Motor Vehicles from sharing information with immigration agencies. NY gives driver's licenses to anyone. HS uses the DMV data to make sure they are legal immigrants. Instead of arguing, you should give HS a "thank you"

We now see that New York has caved: Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said on Wednesday that he would seek to give federal officials access to state driving records for applicants to Global Entry

Originally Posted by hoth300
We regret to inform you that your application has been cancelled for the following reason:
You do not meet the program eligibility requirements
no mention of a refund (and I have not yet received one)
Question: If you submit and are turned down for an arrest record, I don't believe you get a refund. Someone at DHS read your application and you were denied. As you were forewarned that NY residents would be turned down (as you were if you had an arrest record, etc) I don't think you are owed a refund

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 19, 2020 at 2:34 pm Reason: FT Rule 14; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.