FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked AC J But Now Wishing I Booked United
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:59 pm
seat38a

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Booked AC J But Now Wishing I Booked United

Air Canada had some deals from LAX -> CDG this December for $2345 USD in J cabin over Christmas. I booked myself and my parents for our Christmas 2020 trip. Well now reading through all {moderator edit} which seems to be Air Canada and their customer service, I'm kind of wishing I'd had booked the United flight via SFO instead which was around same price. The only reason I booked Air Canada was because of the new Mileage Plus calculation which BTW Air Canada gives 2X miles for all J fares into mileage plus.

I swore off Air Canada after a dismal experience in 2017 but decided to give it a shot since United is rewarding you for flying someone else with their, Mileage Plus program changes. Now I'm actually wishing I booked the United flight with the unmodified Polaris Cabin, and based on what I'm reading regarding Air Canada, I'd rather have another United FA butt slam me as she passes through the cabin each time like on my flight from Santiago. Or have another FA with rolling eyes like the one I had going down to Santiago. The whole non existent call center and email response kind of worries me with my flight so far out in the future and if changes, (not mine) happen and getting it changed or resolved isn't as seemless as United.

How many others on here really long for the familiar no matter how many times you say, you won't fly United again because of so and so?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 19, 2020 at 9:09 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.; Unneeeded comment removed