FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)
Old Feb 18, 20, 5:02 pm
SPN Lifer

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Lifetime: UA United Club, UA 540K mi., AA Admirals Club & Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Legal action costs money. As set forth upthread, at least two law firms have declined to represent us.

I suspect it will come down to how much we are willing to pay to pursue such a case, as it appears unlikely counsel will take this matter on contingency.

How much would you pay to fix this wrongdoing, as opposed to simply acquiescing in the new limitation?

As a lifetime member of the Admirals Club, I am grateful AA has much more ethical in-house counsel. In particular, D. Douglas Cotton, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, a former Saipan resident and CNMI OAG lawyer.

I clerked for a federal judge whose favorite aphorism was “For every wrong, there is a remedy.”

But he also had a framed New Yorker cartoon on his wall, showing a lawyer behind his desk, talking to a client seated before him. The caption, “How much justice can you afford?”

The bottom line is that lawsuits are not the solution to all the problems of the world.