FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India visa for UK citizen who's outspoken about Kashmir
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:45 am
oliver2002
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Officials at Delhi airport told her that her e-visa, which had been issued last October and was valid until October 2020, had been rejected. The trip to India during parliamentary recess was to visit family and friends.

She said: “Along with everyone else, I presented myself at the immigration desk with my documents including my e-visa, had my photograph taken and then the official looked at his screen and started shaking his head. Then he told me my visa was rejected, took my passport, and disappeared for about 10 minutes.
“When he came back he was very rude and aggressive, shouting at me to ‘come with me’. I told him not to speak to me like that and was then taken to a cordoned-off area marked as a deportee cell. He then ordered me to sit down and I refused. I didn’t know what they might do or where else they may take me, so I wanted people to see me.”
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ountry-kashmir

The eta is a permit/authorisation to travel to India, its not an 'e-visa'. The final decision to issue a visa is still at the border. The UK goes even further, a visa issued by the consulate is also only a permit to travel to the UK, the final decision to admit is with the officer at the border.