FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)
Old Feb 18, 20, 8:41 am
SPN Lifer

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Lifetime: UA United Club, UA 540K mi., AA Admirals Club & Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer View Post
Previously members could receive gate passes for admission through TSA solely to access the lounge.

There are entire FT threads discussing the procedure, including quotations from the internal UA system instructing check-in agents how to do this.

When we spent our thousands of dollars on these lifetime memberships, there were literally no limitations on when we could go in during opening hours.
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
This isn't a good argument, because nobody sued when they took away the TSA passes.

Because the actual right you folks are asserting here is not to use the club as an oasis, a home away from home, but a place to use when flying United's competitors.
As post #1000 in this thread, I would like to point out that even after Gate Passes were eliminated, we still had ready access to United Clubs by flying competitors or purchasing fully refundable fares for later in the day.

Also, the change in Gate Pass policy seems to have been due in part due to resistance by (or inspired by) TSA, so there was not then the same level of actionable beach of contract by UA.

Originally Posted by soartoday View Post
The wiki list is not a commitment. It's users who are potentially interested in joining for action. Any further considerations (cost if any, UA MP impact, etc.) will be up to each person if and when we move forward.
With that understanding, I have added myself and my spouse to the list.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 18, 20 at 6:09 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member