Old Feb 18, 20, 7:48 am
Voodoo Daddy

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Online Cert Booking Not Working

In the past, I've always booked certificate redemptions by going through the process of booking a points reservation and then checking the certificate radio button prior to final booking. That option no longer appears for me, either on the website or in the app. After I struggled with it for a while, the helpful chat feature popped up, so I gave it a try. I told the Marriott employee (Edina) my problem, and she suggested I call the 877 number. I asked her if this was now the only method for redeeming certificates, and she said no, but it's an option. I said I'd rather do it online. She said, "I'm sorry. Do you have any other questions today?" I asked if the online booking feature would be fixed, and she responded, "it is working, so I don't know why you're having a problem. Do you have any other questions?" So after this less than helpful interaction, I'm unclear as to whether this is a global issue or just a problem with my account. Any other data points?