FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)
Old Feb 18, 20, 5:35 am
SPN Lifer

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Lifetime: UA United Club, UA 540K mi., AA Admirals Club & Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ContPlat View Post
It now has virtually no value as I get the lounges when flying Star anyway.
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
What the heck does that mean?
It means that as a Star Alliance (*A) Gold member, he already has access to international lounges when flying *A carriers anyway -- and domestic United Club lounges if a *A frequent flyer other than MileagePlus.

The only net benefit of United Club memberships for *A Gold members is the ability to utilize United Clubs when not flying *A carriers!

I would often meet friends flying into SFO at the (airside) Presidents Club. There was even an FT thread on which CO Presidents Clubs were airside, as well as extensive discussion of CO and UA gate passes.

My spouse and I also spent about $2.5K near the turn of the Millennium on our ​​​CO (UA) memberships.

And a similar amount with US (AA), which fortunately has honored our contract and allows us access without requiring any flight on AA or oneworld.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Feb 18, 20 at 5:57 am