FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India visa for UK citizen who's outspoken about Kashmir
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:55 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Reading this story https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...try-India.html I'm worried I might not get a visa too. Anyone else had issues before?

My understanding is she had a visa, albeit an e-visa. I'm guessing that as a prominent person who has been unkind to government policy, she made it onto a list of personae non gratae, one which the evisa process does not (yet!) consult.

The border folk have perfect right to refuse entry, visa or not, for any reason they wish - but on this occasion they claim that the e-visa was an irregular procedure for an MP, who should have applied for a full visa or diplomatic visa through the High Commission in London.

The paper I read this morning claims the irregular visa route was likely a publicity stunt she set up to trap the hapless border force into refusing her. They also heap blame on the airline for accepting her for travel

But as a private individual expressing views privately in the UK, you shouldn't expect any repercussions applied to your travel.
Though be careful about voicing opinions once here: feelings run high regarding this and a couple of other hot topics.