FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maintaining EuroBonus status - COVID-19
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:49 am
fassy

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
What about trips canceled to Iran after they shot down a plane from Ukraine? Should they also be ground for a waiver? I'm pretty sure we can find a lot of similar situations.
Not sure what all this hostility is about? I'm just saying, SAS could,with minimal effort, delight their loyal customers by helping them out here. Not too many people would be in the same situation like strikerbird as we all know the EuroBonus qualification year isn't fixed to the calendar year but spread out across the year. So only people where the qualification period ends in Feb or March, perhaps April 2020 and missing Gold due to cancelled trips would have a problem. So, it would be both manageable effort and not really expensive for SK to go the extra mile here.

Well, and I'm not aware of too many crisis of the same magnitude which made a lot of the major carriers not fly to country with a huge economy and heavy business travel. Sure, there is the one or other odd country (or region, like the Ebola regions), but seriously.... how many people fly regularly to the Iran or Ebola territory on business and have been grounded for months? Compare that to the current China situation...