FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The When BA Get It Right Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:27 am
Lost-in-Space

Programs: BA GfL
Whilst travelling with my Mum who is in a wheelchair, can only manage walking a few steps and is nearly deaf, the BA agents, crews, both cockpit and cabin, have been invariably superb. Some examples:

Because of a late boarding due to the Ambulift being delayed, we were the last to board a full flight. The CSM had stopped other pax from using the overheard locker above our seats, so we had room for her sticks and our bags.
Due to a seat booking mix up, we had to walk some distance down the cabin; the CSM apologised (it was not her fault) and we were offered free choice from the BOB menu (this was a BA charter).
Despite being in her mid-80s, my Mum likes to look good. A cabin crew member complimented her on her nails and hat - that made her day. His service was excellent and deserved a Golden Ticket!
Countless times (countless) the cabin crew have helped carrying our cabin baggage so I could help my Mum.
Twice when her wheelchair didn't arrive the pilot went down to the apron to find it.
Once due to a late arrival we missed our connection and were booked on the next flight; the gate agent started moving pax around so we could sit together.
Similarly, missing our connection at LHR T5, we were advised to go landslide to rebook. The queues were immense. One of the on-duty managers got on the phone and opened up a desk in the Arrivals lounge for pax with special needs.

Well done BA, you know how to make a difference!