FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emotional support dogs and pet fee
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:15 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
I have been traveling with my dog for 5-6 years and have a card. I have always of course registered the dog and every single time no questions asked they waive the fee. In the middle of a Bay Area trip and now just checked into my 3rd Hyatt since Friday at the Hyatt House Emeryville. The front desk guy who was rude from the start asked what purpose does she serve , told him the answer and he says “nope wrong answer” we charge for that. I then asked to speak with the manager and although he finally waived it said that’s the policy and always has been. I guess I have just always been lucky in the past ? From now on it makes no sense if that’s the policy to stay in 3 or 4 different locations in a given week since that is potentially 3 or 4 pet fees
There's no "card" that verifies that an ESA is officially recognized or is entitled to special treatment. Anyone can buy an ESA card and vest on the internet.