FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2020 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:56 pm
lax.sea.jnu

Programs: AS MVPG
Hi all, I've read the wiki but I believe my case has a bit of grey area so I'd appreciate your advise. I'm also requesting compensation for two additional items outside of EC 261, so I'd like to know what process to use.

Facts: Booked and SJC-LHR-BEY return in CW. Both the LHR <> BEY segments were downgraded to an A321 with C/E seating. BA told me that I could cancel the flight or request compensation after my trip. I wasn't offered any compensation in London, but in Beirut I was given a 150 GBP gift card. I believe I should be entitled to the same amount for the LHR-BEY leg.

On the return, BA 148 BEY-LHR was delayed as BA neglected to do the daily safety check on the aircraft the day before so it had to be done in Beirut. When I arrived at Heathrow, I found that I had been automatically rebooked onto two DL flights the next day. I asked BA to put me on BA 287 instead. I wasn't able to get equivalent seats (window/aisle) that I paid for on my original flight ($120/pp). While this flight appears to be landing on time, it will land at SFO around two hours after my scheduled SJC arrival. I still need to get myself to SJC because my car is there, and then go home.

If I had taken BA's routing on DL I would surely have been eligible for compensation, but I'm not certain as I took a voluntary reroute and technically landed within 4 hours of my originally scheduled flight, albeit a different airport. If this isn't eligible for EC 261, I'll just request the 150 GBP for the seating downgrade and $120 for losing my paid seat.

Thanks for your guidance. If this is eligible for EC 261, should I submit two separate requests, or wrap it all into one?