FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did OLCI. HH swiped my card anyway. Now authorization from OLCI wont' fall off
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:18 am
Vangrovsky

Originally Posted by jayer
Years ago in a less online world it was 30 days for a default dropoff, unless the merchant released it (and I am assuming I am way older than you).

The problem can also be at your bank. Perhaps more likely to be at your bank.

Unless you are completely up against the credit limit I might not stir the pot till it has been 40 days since checkout, for fear of somebody at the hotel making it worse trying to help. Even then I would call my card bank not the hotel.
I called the bank and the Hilton hotel.

Not that I was surprised or anything, but they are asking me to call the other. Banks said it wasn't their problem and the hotel had to release it. When I said that the hotel said that they had already released it long ago, the bank suggested calling the hotel again.

When I called the hotel, they said to call the bank because the hotel had already released the authorization the day after I checked out.

So I did the next best thing and put them both on a conference call. They talked with each other and blamed each other. Was it wrong that I enjoyed listening to the almost-catfight-like conversation between the two reps?(which lasted almost 15 minutes without me saying a word, other than "yes" or "ok" a couple of times to let them that I was still on the line)

So I was back to square one. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait.