FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences with Silvercar
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:28 am
m907

Originally Posted by doss1
Picked up a 2018 A4 at Phoenix in mid February. Silvercar agent said there was a glitch in their system and said my car was shown as having 45k miles on it, and that it was really 25k miles. I kind of don't believe that as the car looked a bit worn and the tires showed quite a bit of wear. As I had never driven an Audi before, I was really shocked how similar it was to my mother's 2016 (or 2018) VW Passat -- everything from dashboard to overall feel. I guess my expectations were a bit high, especially considering the price I paid even with the off first time promo code and the AMEX $100 off offer. The included car seat had stains and wife wasn't too happy about that. I don't think I'll be renting Silvercar again as I usually get good lower mileage and new cars with my Avis status for a much cheaper rate (though, I have to pay extra for a car seat). Not to sound overly critical, I am just not a gearhead and can't tell the difference between modern cars anymore as there is a ton of good stuff coming out from the standard car manufacturers these days.
VW owns Audi and the A4 is the Audi equivalent of the Passat.

Of all the German luxury brands, Audi is the least impressive, in my opinion. Cheap interior materials, uninspiring drive, lackluster infotainment, etc.