FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 16 Feb : BA Heathrow operations disrupted : Systems failures
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:11 pm
squawk

Originally Posted by Tigerbo
Well my 20:20 flight to ncl got cancelled - Heathrow is just a mess. Can't get a flight back till 7pm tomorrow - checked trains and can't even get a ticket. Can I claim loss of earnings from BA?

I Am convinced its only be cancelled because the 18:05 is delayed to 20:17....so same time as my flight. Disgraceful behaviour if that's the case as its sunny in London and in Newcastle I have been told
If you’re prepared to risk standing* you should be able to still get a train ticket up to Newcastle. There’s one just before 9pm, another just before 10pm. You would get in late but if the alternative is waiting for (possibly cancelled) flights first thing...?

* You’re probably too late for a reservation, but even with people who have postponed travel/transferred from a plane, I doubt the late trains will be that full on a Sunday night heading north. The few times I’ve been on ones even leaving KGX 7-8ish on a Sunday, they’re practically dead after Peterborough