FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Same Day Changes (SDC) and Free Change on the Day (FCOD) on BA tickets
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:52 am
27Liam

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by 27Liam
I’m booked on BA831 DUB-LHR in J tomorrow at 7am, hoping to switch to a later service. EF shows many flights with availability (most coincidentally showing J4C3). BA also selling lots of seats in J and Y for most flights later in the day.

Given the storm has cancelled one of the outbound flights today which will likely result in some of those pax rebooking onto tomorrow’s services, I tried to price the change today (as if I wait until midnight for free SDC, availability may be gone) but both the website and app showing no availability for me to change the flight even for cash. Anyone have any insight into why I can’t do any change (even a paid one) despite lots of availability and BA still selling tickets?

In case it’s relevant, I did a SDC on the outbound leg of the journey, but I don’t think the T&C limit SDC to just once per booking.
For the benefit of others who find themselves in the same situation, I was able to do FCOD without issue on the app just after midnight. Despite an earlier departure being cancelled, there were still two J seats available on my desired flight at that time, one of which I naturally snapped up very quickly. I suspect the issue I experienced was an IT issue rather than ticketing / availability issue.

Incidentally, 5 mins after my confirmed change, seats on all flights post midday showed 0J availability on all non-cancelled flights. I suspect a few others were playing FDOC roulette alongside me.