FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Lounge
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:09 am
bd95

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by sentosa
I do think about BA's commitment to Belfast, it was very disappointing when they pulled out in 2001.
I know that we can use Aer Lingus, but that entails a Terminal Change, and they do economy only from Belfast.
Always keen to collect Tier Points and Avios

Last week, we flew long haul, and then had a 7 1/2 hour layover in Lhr, first flight to BHD is too early to connect with early long haul flights.
Flight was actually very full and I was quite surprised how many people were collecting long haul transferred hold luggage.
Still hoping it is speculation
BA are reverting to type and running the route from the London end. They appear to be giving up on Belfast-originating P2P and most of the pax appear to be connecting.

The flight times this winter season work for a day’s business in Belfast but not for the Belfast traveller heading to London for the day - the earliest arrival into LHR won’t have you in central London for 9am and the last flight to Belfast leaves LHR at 1845 which isn’t great.

As a result, Flybe seem to be cleaning up on BHD to LCY with the important early and late rotations and 6x daily during the week. EI seem to be giving up as well with the base closure and running LHR as either a W, or taxiing in crew from Dublin.