FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences with Silvercar
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:37 am
doss1

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Picked up a 2018 A4 at Phoenix in mid February. Silvercar agent said there was a glitch in their system and said my car was shown as having 45k miles on it, and that it was really 25k miles. I kind of don't believe that as the car looked a bit worn and the tires showed quite a bit of wear. As I had never driven an Audi before, I was really shocked how similar it was to my mother's 2016 (or 2018) VW Passat -- everything from dashboard to overall feel. I guess my expectations were a bit high, especially considering the price I paid even with the off first time promo code and the AMEX $100 off offer. The included car seat had stains and wife wasn't too happy about that. I don't think I'll be renting Silvercar again as I usually get good lower mileage and new cars with my Avis status for a much cheaper rate (though, I have to pay extra for a car seat). Not to sound overly critical, I am just not a gearhead and can't tell the difference between modern cars anymore as there is a ton of good stuff coming out from the standard car manufacturers these days.