FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Lounge
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:23 am
sentosa

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ECR
The Aspire lounge is next door and few seats have a view of the runway. It is much smaller though than the BA Lounge from what I recall and I can't see it having the capacity to cope with BA status holders and business class flights in addition to other airlines and Priority Pass card holders etc.

I would imagine the third party lounge would either move into the BA space, or perhaps expand into it. I'm not sure how it would work for direct boarding if at all, as I can't see them just letting anyone with lounge access via Priority Pass etc have priority boarding. I suspect they would just take the easy option and leave the direct access door firmly shut.

I hope it is all just idle speculation without foundation. I would fear for the long term future of BA operated flights to this airport if true as it would show a lack of commitment by BA to close their own lounge.
The view that I like is the BA plane coming in and I doubt there is anywhere better to view it than the BA Lounge .

I did wonder if it would be an option to expand into the BA lounge.

I do think about BA's commitment to Belfast, it was very disappointing when they pulled out in 2001.
I know that we can use Aer Lingus, but that entails a Terminal Change, and they do economy only from Belfast.
Always keen to collect Tier Points and Avios

Last week, we flew long haul, and then had a 7 1/2 hour layover in Lhr, first flight to BHD is too early to connect with early long haul flights.
Flight was actually very full and I was quite surprised how many people were collecting long haul transferred hold luggage.
Still hoping it is speculation