FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BAPP 2-41 Voucher conundrum with AMEX
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:15 am
'andad

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Hi people,

I upgraded my (Free) ba branded amex to the premium one last December. As you all know, if you upgrade the previous spend counts towards the 2-4-1 voucher. Just before my membership year expired, I checked my progress and on the up it showed that I had made the required spend to get the 2-4-1. Hooray

Actually not.

I never received the voucher and then when I enquired with amex they said that a refund was issued from a merchant (I was never notified) and therefore the voucher was not triggered. Obviously that did not reflect straight away on my statement and I didn't carry on spendind on the BAPP (moved my spend to another card) as I thought I had enough for the voucher.

I did submit a complaint through the floor supervisor but I am not very optimistic

Any thoughts?
You are right not to be optimistic. As I posted in Dec, I stopped my spending when my statement said £202 to go, and it did say this was calculated 6 days earlier. Various agants agreed that I had spent only £147 since the "6 days earlier" date yet my voucher was triggered the same day as my statement. Formal complaint to Amex got a very abrupt reply that I had actually spent £10017 and that the statement did not include pending amounts. Neither does it warn you that it may not include pending amounts. I now have a voucher that expires 6 weeks before I need to use it. I asked Amex to issue another voucher with a later date and I promised not to use the earlier one (since apparently they can't be withdrawn ). Flat no, not the usual sorry but no. Amex customer service used to be so good, not now it seems.