FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:27 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Per Seat 2A: Noteworthy is that PWA shows as operating a 72S into Inuvik which is interesting as I've not been able to find any evidence they operated the -200. Perhaps they leased one for a short spell. Most of the standard fleet roster sites show only the 737 and 767.

Per WHBM:
https://www.airliners.net/photo/Paci...7-171C/2246966

Thanks for the photo, Mr. M. I was aware that PWA operated 727-100s as I've got a couple examples in my postcard collection. It also operated a 707-138 and a -320 (for charter work), both of which looked quite striking in PWA's attractive livery. As to my mention of the standard fleet roster sites, sorry for the confusion. I meant to indicate that they were limited to just the 737 and 767. I'm sure if I looked hard enough, I might be able to find a roster inclusive of aircraft such as the DC-6 and Convair 640. Unfortunately, I was only able to log one flight aboard PWA before its 1987 purchase of Canadian Pacific Airlines and subsequent renaming as Canadian Airlines International.