FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southern Airways Express BWI-PIT;connect in DUJ (Dubois, PA) or MGW (Morgantown, WV)?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:34 am
g289t

Southern Airways Express BWI-PIT;connect in DUJ (Dubois, PA) or MGW (Morgantown, WV)?

So it's not really a connection I don't think, but rather two separate tickets. Anyway, they're $29 each, so I can fly BWI-PIT for $58. The options that work with my schedule are flying through either DUJ (Dubois, PA) or MGW (Morgantown, WV). Both options give me roughly 3 hours between flights.

I cannot find much online about these airports. Does anyone here have experience with them and can give me advice as to which to choose? I know that there's not much going on at either. They both have a restaurant. The schedules for either are departing BWI and arriving in PIT about 15 minutes apart, so it makes no difference to my schedule. The price is also the same.

I guess one other question is if the flights to and from one are more delayed than the other. This could make a difference on which I choose. I looked on Flightaware, but the history didn't go back very far (free account).

Update: I ended up booking BWI-MGW-PIT. I chose MGW rather than DUJ for a couple reasons, one being that the restaurant in MGW was recommended by someone. MGW is also closer to PIT in case of IRROPS. I'm very much looking forward to the experience! The trip is in May, so it's a few months out yet. It should be interesting!

Last edited by g289t; Feb 17, 2020 at 12:38 pm