FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2020 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:15 am
Dicksbits

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I booked an Avios reward flight on 5th Jan 2020 through the BA app for a flight with partner airline IB from LHR - MAD - LEI with a mixture of Avios and cash for late Feb. It did not appear on my BA app despite having a BA booking reference, Yesterday I went onto the IB website to check seat selection and it told me that it had been cancelled. I had received no notification of this via email, call or text. When I called the GGL line (my first ever call to them) I was told that indeed my seat had been cancelled, and they had requested the seats again outbound and return. I was told the outbound would be fine, but all the reward seats had gone on the return date. BA had requested the seats again and mentioned my status, but couldn’t guarantee anything, and in any case wouldn’t know until Monday (1 week before departure).

If I am told next week there are now no reward seats left, and only revenue seats, do I have any recompense? I was not told about this cancellation, and could easily have just tried to check in for the flights 24h before and found out that the whole trip was potentially off!