Old Feb 14, 20, 10:58 am
jellybelly_801

Programs: AA
Premium Economy reasonable price (WAS to Tokyo)

Hi, this is my first time posting here. It's been a while since I have done a US flight to Asia (and never one from the east coast). I am looking at tickets for December 2020 (around Christmas to New Year) to fly my family of 4 from DC to Tokyo. Tried award tickets through AA, but the dates available with the milesaver awards on JAL economy did not work (would waste 4 days of potential vacation time along with having 6+ hour layovers each way) and the PE awards are just too high. I am looking at maybe 12/18 to 1/1, and am seeing flights going from DCA to HND (connecting through ORD or DFW with a 1.5 hour connection time outbound to Tokyo and a 3.5-4 hour connection on the inbound from Tokyo). Price is $8725 for 4 premium economy RT tickets. The ORD/DFW to HND legs are operated by JAL and are in PE; the AA legs from DCA are in economy. Right now, they look to be cheaper than booking directly on JAL for those flights. Is the price fair for the 4 PE tickets? Also, is it worth the extra over economy? Thanks in advance for any advice.