FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Against the rules to give up your FC seat?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:37 am
Stickboy46

Originally Posted by deac83
AA has told me in the past, when seats have been changed that I'm not guaranteed a specific seat on a plane. AA can change my seat at their convenience.

If I buy a J ticket and get on the plane I'm traveling on the J ticket and have not given it to someone because I swap seats with them. I'd think the CoC is addressing that I can't buy a ticket and just give it to someone else to fly in my place.

Like others I've swapped F and Y seats with my wife as well. Usually the FA thinks it's great. Doesn't make it the rule or allowed but certainly shows in practice the rule (if it exists) is rarely enforced.
The bolded part 100% makes sense. That IS a security concern if the person flying is different than the person booking. The person flying hasn't been vetted at all. That's not what happened here. There is no security concern when two people switch seats. If there was the Southwest is the least secure airline ever (no assigned seats). How would they ever survive?