FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pet as cargo, long layover at Incheon.
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:32 am
RSSrsvp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Charles Webb
Hello friends, I hope someone here can help me.

I am currently waiting out a 9 hour layover with Asiana Airlines here at Incheon airport. My dog was too large to come in the cabin with us and was checked as cargo at our port of origin in Vietnam.

Right now, my dog is inside the cargo holding area and we will not get to see him until we arrive in the United States about 20 hours from now.

Everything went smoothly but the asiana airlines people insisted that we were not able to leave food or water for our dog. Although we had everything ready as described on the website (food with labeled instructions, water dispenser etc...) we were not allowed to give any of this to our dog. And the flight attendants at our port of origin seemed confused about what would happen to the dog during layover. We are afraid that our little doggy is cold and alone with no food or water and are very worried about him.

Does anyone know what happens to a dog during layover at Incheon airport? Is there anyone looking after him and making sure he has water and food? Is he able to go for a walk.? It makes me very sad (and worried) to think he may be sitting cold and alone, thirsty and starving in his own filth. Please someone give me some peace of mind about this; or tell me what I can do to make sure my puppy is taken care of. I have another 9 hours of waiting here at the airport before we even get into the plane.

Thank you in advance.
Did you bring a printout of their website’s instructions to the airport? Demand to see a supervisor with Asiana and threaten legal action against the airline unless they provide for your dog!