FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KL GUC Cleared - Seat Selection (on KLM.com) Doesn't Stick
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:20 am
hoyt

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
Originally Posted by Utskicat
This makes sense. You had KL605 V. They reissued under 24 hour risk free cancellation to DL9380 L. Reissued. Then used the GUC and converted back to KL605 Z and reissued. This is how its supposed to happen. I'm really suprised you found an agent that got it right.

Regarding the seat...I've seen this happen before. Very likely, the KLM (Altea) pnr is a mess with all the reissues. You've probably got duplicate segments and possible previous etkts still hooked to the KLM pnr. Here is what I would do (and have done many times). Send a message to the Twitter desk. Tell them you are seeing old segments in the record at KLM.com. Ask them to contact the Joint Venture desk and have the KLM pnr cleaned up. Generally this only takes a few minutes to have done. As soon as its cleaned up, the seat reservation works fine. The automation between DL and KL/AF systems during reissues is horrible. Most of the time if its not cleaned up on the KLM/AF side, when you check-in for a KL/AF flight, check-in won't work and they have to clean it up at the airport. Always good to make sure what you see on KLM.com and AF.com matches the Delta reservation.
The PNR clean up is what must have happened during my call yesterday when the DM agent put me on hold. That's very good to know because I wish I had been able to have that corrected sooner. I ended up not getting my preferred seat (and seat alerts don't work for KLM WBC on expert flyer), but it seems to have at least stuck.

I ended up spending nearly 90 minutes on the phone with a DM agent to get the initial re-issues done. Easiest use-case to give a JWD code over the phone!