FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lead passenger won't cancel me off holiday?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:46 am
roberino

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
And on the moral maze this week...

Best advice is definitely to write a formal letter to your ex-friend and send it via recorded delivery. Keep copies in case any of the other friends kick off. If she demands the money anyway tell her to send a letter via a solicitor and don’t answer any other form of communication on the matter. If she harasses you via any other form take copies and then block her.

There’s a vague parallel between your situation and something that happened to me. I had reluctantly agreed to an informal house share over the summer with a friend of a friend but he showed his true colours when he assaulted a friend of mine. I refused to move in with him after that and he demanded half the rent money. I posted a letter saying that we did not have a formal agreement to live together and any further communication had to be via solicitor’s letter. I never heard from him again.