FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2020 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Feb 14, 2020, 5:43 am
lukecdw

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Melia Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The actual test here is whether BA did all they could to minimise the disruption to your journey. For the Sunday flights the evidence is overwhelming, but there were quite a few cancellations on Monday too apart from your flight, plus the weather wasn't great. There were at least 5 cancellations out of LCY on Monday to NL and Germany. So I don't think you have a strong case but I wouldn't necessarily deter you from asking for it so long as take on board that it's not likely to get anywhere. I suspect BA can dig up some weather stats to underline their case.
Thanks for the clarification here. I did suspect as much, but wasn't sure considering the circumstances. Funnily enough when they cancelled my flight they offered me no alternative online, and the urgent line was cutting out due to volume less than 12 hours prior to original departure. When eventually getting through I was offered a flight on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, to which I suggested the same day 19:00 RTM-LCY a friend on the same flight had been automatically offered and was thanked for helping him do his job . I do feel for some they may have had to deal with that evening!

Thanks again.