FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2020 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:30 pm
07L 25R

Programs: Tesco Clubcard, Heathrow Rewards, M&S Sparks, Caffè Nero, HSBC rewards... BAEC defector
I seem to have a knack for booking my flights for days with bad weather. I should reincarnate into a weatherperson at some point.

Wondering if I could get some advice before Storm Dennis hits, as I am still looking at possible claims from Storm Ciara.

So the story is that I was booked on a short haul European flight cancelled due to Storm Ciara, rebooked from CE to ET on a flight the next day. What I gather is that (1) I am not due any compensation for the delay because it is obviously weather-related; but(2)should get some recourse from the downgrade? Or is that also not due because the downgrade was a result of a flight cancelled due to weather? If compensation is due, I'm guessing I should just submit a claim online on ba.com. (3) Can I at least get TP/Avios for CE booking, even if I am downgraded to ET?

Also, as the flight left the next day, I also have some hotel/transport fees that I was wondering whether I could claim. BA "ran out of Heathrow hotel rooms", and I was told to book somewhere myself--which I did. But I gather from previous posts that it's a hit or miss re claiming back from BA. And as the Tube/Heathrow Express was down at some point, I ended up taking an Uber, which I'm also guessing cannot be reimbursed?

Thanks in advance if anyone has advice to offer.