FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Rosslyn At Key Bridge (Master Thread)
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:38 pm
Digitalaviator

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by fw10001
Thanks, I can confirm that the website mentions parking is $20/night now.

@launcher - the other reviews above yours are old. If you've stayed recently, how was your experience? I ask because most IHG hotels in the Natl Mall/Convention Center area are well above 40K points/night now, so I might just have to stay at this IHG to redeem anniversary reward nights. Thanks.
Hotel is dated, but has a convenient location less than 2 blocks from the Rosslyn Metro. 17th floor restaurant isn't anything special (though it does have a decent view of the Potomac and Georgetown), but it's a quick 5-10 minute hop over the Key Bridge to Georgetown on the free DC Circulator bus (stops next to the Metro station). Third floor/conference level has a limited-hours generic convenience store/coffee shop and an indoor pool (never used the pool).

Rooms are typical for the era (built in 1972, rooms have low ceilings, small bathrooms, and the decor suggests that it hasn't been renovated since the last reviews in this thread), but I've been upgraded here as a Gold on a paid weekend low-season stay booked as a standard king. Low-season weekend rates can usually be found in the $65-85 range, so it's a bargain considering the location.

Property is leaving IHG at the end of July 2020; owners announced a full tear-down and redevelopment less than a month after the Amazon HQ announcement in November 2018. No word on the brand for the new hotel, but it's going to have a 26- and 38-story tower, conference facilities, a 340-room 4-star hotel, and 490 apartments.

The CP Crystal City is another decent option - reasonable walking distance to the Crystal City Metro and a decent selection of restaurants on 23rd Street, and it's right next door to one of the entrances to the Crystal City Shops underground mall (which is also connected to the Metro station).