FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I enjoy my AA status if flight is operated by non-oneworld airline?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:25 pm
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JDiver
Flying an American Airlines marketed (codeshare) flight operated by any airline in the world will earn EQ as if flying on AA.

Flying a non-oneworld airline operated flight as an AA marketed flight will generally not afford any oneworld status benefits.
This is a good point. I managed to talk my way into the LAX FL recently while flying an AA J codeshare operated by Air Tahiti Nui LAX-PPT. QF F lounge as EP/OWE was clearly out of the question after that lol.

Perhaps even more shocking was that on the return PPT-LAX, also an AA codeshare, I was denied access to the PPT Air Tahiti Nui business class lounge despite being in J. They said the AA codeshare was the problem and that “AA is too cheap to pay for club access.”

I ultimately used priority pass to get in, but yes, all of this illustrates that AA benefits mean very little once you start talking about non-OW airlines.