FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) restricts bonus based on number of accounts opened/closed (June 2018)
Old Feb 13, 2020, 4:36 pm
RedElmo

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by bgriff
I do have a no-fee Blue card that has been sock-drawered for ages (like, over a decade), which is still open and appears on my Amex.com account. And I have gotten a few bonuses from Amex since the pop-up era began. So having an inactive card is not necessarily a problem. But, it probably helps that I have several other active cards that I put a lot of spend on (high 5 figures each year), and I'm not sure if there's some sort of distinction between a "deep" inactive card and a more recent inactive card. I don't think there was a sign-up bonus on that card when I first got it, but even if there were, Amex would likely have fully written it off by now anyway.

Right. You just said. You spend money with AMEX. if you had Amex card(s) and don’t spend on any of them why would they give you another one. You have 1 out of several that you don’t spend. That’s not an issue.

the person I was quoting I thought said they had one card. And never use it. Now trying to get another. There lies the problem.