FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Schedule changes June/early July
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2020, 4:13 pm
carlitos

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by markr5485
Yeah like I said in the original post, "but still savings to be had."

I'm just saying in the past Southwest kept prices the same during the free change windows. This time, there is an immediate increase in the minimum price starting July 7th. WN knows that people are abusing this and increased the minimum price during the free change window so they don't take as much of a loss.
Interesting thing, it took them a while to get it. Back in the days I did apply to SWA Pricing and Revenue Management Division only to be turned down for having Hotel Revenue Management Experience and not even being allowed to interview. Guess recently graduated college kids come first, like at AA.
This was such and easy catch, specially when you have a free cancellation policy, but I guess their Pricers and Revenue Managers are now more interested in this than in just knowing where the big College Football Games are going to be hosted to increase prices. Also, it is now a Computer doing pricing and routes and only if there is a huge variance, it alerts the Revenue Manager for manual adjustments. Guess when the employees have Non Rev passes, they just don't know what is happening in the outside world.
Also, lets be honest, this one was paid for by Boeing in Washington ...