FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Amex annual fees now total over $2,000 - help me prune
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:03 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by entropy
Now that DL reserve comes with Centurion lounge, does it make sense to hold the schwab platinum?

I do think that the Hilton Aspire is worth it, I do use the 250 resort credit and the free night, which I find is worth the fee. The Marriott one you don't get Plat unless you spend 75k so I don't know where you get the free breakfast bit from. Its not like you're really getting upgrades. You do need to spend some decent coin to make it worth point multipliers against the annual fees for a lot of the cards.
I didn't mention free breakfast at Marriott (or any hotel) in my post. If you don't already ahve status with Hilton though you do get free breakfast with the Gold benefit the Am Ex platinum gives.

I've never held the Schwab card. I thought about it for the good return on the credit card but have enough credit cards already and since my banks investment branch offers free online trades and the balance in investment accounts is used towards the balance for premium banking services, I really have no desire to open an account with Schwabb.