FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgraded from First/Business Class on United(Questions,Compensation, etc.)[ARCHIVE]
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:50 am
iplaybass

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Originally Posted by seenitall
I didn't know that E145's had the range to do STL-FCO.
Argh. STL-EWR-VCE, return FCO-EWR-STL. Mea culpa. I should know better. DW would also love to avoid doing FCO-VCE on arrival.

Originally Posted by findark
Anything is going to be up to the discretion of an agent, but yes I think you could get the change fee waived - and probably positive space on UA metal which is why I asked if there was a different routing that you would consider. Are you just going to VCE, or also FCO? There are many other UA hubs to route through to get to Europe, any of STL-ORD/IAH-FRA/MUC/ZRH-VCE have options.

The key is to decide on a reasonable resolution first, and then call to ask politely. Blank complaining isn't going to go very far.

You might be able to argue for a refund, but what would do with it? Cancel your trip to Venice because of a single E45 segment?
It's always better if you can say "I want this because my flight changed." Been doing that a lot with AA and DL lately. The refund would go to travel on another carrier (probably BA/IB through AA). When researching flights, UA had some ridiculous layovers in FRA/MUC/ZRH to VCE. Anywhere from 50 minutes to 5 hrs. Restriction was I wanted to land by noon or thereabouts, not 1pm or later. I'll look to see if there's better options EU transfer options now.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 13, 2020 at 12:38 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member