FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARW GONE] LX HKG-ORD $1462 RT in J wide open to EOS
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:32 pm
kevflyer

Programs: UA 1K
This gets 6,132 PQP if credited to UA.

Originally Posted by princesakura
For the past few weeks, I've been taking the ANA SFO-TYO-HKG premium economy deal from a few months ago for some weekend mileage runs with 12 to 24 hour layovers in Hong Kong. Reading the increasingly negative news and also experiencing slowly escalating quarantine and arrival procedures on HKG-TYO segment, I personally am thinking twice about booking a lot of travel through HKG this year. While limited bans have been introduced for people who have visited the mainland in the past 14 days, countries could just as easily add Hong Kong to their ban lists. While I've been flying these runs, Tokyo started tracking passengers from Hong Kong flights, and manually processing them at pre-immigration quarantine. Even past that, while I was at JP trusted traveler kiosk doing my thing, staff approached me to sign yet another form stating I hadn't been to Wuhan in the past 14 days. Since I have a tight travel schedule this year, I'm going to avoid booking anything touching PEK, PVG, and HKG regardless of how lucrative the fare is. Just my thoughts.
If you're looking to do this in one of your HKG trips then there is a risk of one or both of your tickets being affected / cancelled. On the other hand, HKG makes pretty good MR and there aren't other options for me with a price as good as HKG.

Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
Can I credit the CX legs to AA ?
​​​​​​​If you use your AA # on the CX tickets yes