FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems with Sri Lankan codeshare booking?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:48 pm
glennaa11

Programs: most of them
Problems with Sri Lankan codeshare booking?

Howdy. I just booked a flight via the Sri Lankan Airlines website CMB-DOH-IAD in business class. The first leg is on UL, then I have an overnight 11:40 connection at DOH, and the second leg is on QR. I was able to select a seat on the UL flight at the time of booking but not the QR flight. No surprise there. When I tried to use the Qatar mobile app to choose seats I get an error message but the itinerary does show up using the UL record locator which I guess is the same for both airlines. I tried the website and also got errors. So I called QR customer service. The agent could see the reservation but she said she was blocked from making any changes or doing anything with the reservation. She told me to contact UL to figure out what's going on. I did notice that the QR app shows the flight number as QR3166. This is a mash up of the correct flight which is QR707 and the codeshare flight number which is UL3166. My guess is that this is the issue. Has anyone run into problems like this before? Do I need to wait a certain amount of time after purchase to manage the booking?