FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interesting FA at exit row speech
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:27 pm
The Situation

Originally Posted by vincentharris
On a MD90 recently and the FA came to do the exit row speech and two people (one aisle one window) both had headphones on not listening.

FA proceeded to snap her fingers in both of their faces and then declare “dont you dare disrespect me I’m in charge and you’ll listen”

Did not directly affect me but I was blown away at the rudeness and frankly talking to adults like they were a 3 year old who spilled juice on the carpet.

didn’t bother writing in because I was not one of those two people and frankly DL could care less about complaint letters but wondering if others found that to be wrong or not?
I am 100% on the side of the FA here. I had a similar experience recently as well. I was in C+, just behind the exit row on a 757 so I watched all this unfold. The FA started her speech...half way through, the lady right in front of the FA gets up out of her seat and walks back to get her bag out the overhead. The FA called her back, but the woman ignored her. The FA was patient for awhile, but two minutes later, lost her patience and chewed out the pax. I thought the pax was beyond disrespectful. At 2L, it would have been very easy to have kicked that pax off the flight, and I would have liked to have seen that. As a pax, I want people that are seated in the exit row to be serious about performing their responsibilities in case of an emergency rather than the type that would get up to get their luggage out of the overhead while the plane is on fire, because luggage is more important than human life to them. Even beyond that though, what is it with people that they can't show respect for 2 minutes?? FA's should not have to endure continuous disrespect like that. I put in the post flight survey that the FAs did a great job despite some very difficult and disrespectful passengers.