FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gate agent musings
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:45 pm
enviroian
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Gate agent musings

So I’m getting ready to board a flight at DFW. The agent gets on the horn to announce a mx delay and fast forward 90 minutes later plane is taken out of service. I walk up to the counter and ask what flights through phx are available. She asks me for BP to confirm I’m on this flight and asks me to come around and look at the screen. She asks my last name and upon entering it says “you’re EP you fly a lot and you know what you’re looking at”. I see connections via ORD, CLT, and LAX but no phx. Anyway she says “hey you know what? There is someone VERY important that needs to get to your destination. He will get there but you may not
She continues. “ see this badge? 36 years of service. It only started getting this way 5 years ago”.
Then all of a sudden an announcement was made they found another 738 and go to the new gate.

I appreciate the openness of the employee. By the way that monitor? It was a blue screen background and o felt like I was back in 1988 Att 2600 PC wordstar running.

ETA now on the replacement plane. Flight attendant comes on horn to apologize about delay then adds “sorry the IFE and power outlets are inoperable “

LOL

Last edited by enviroian; Feb 12, 2020 at 1:29 pm