FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unbelievable booking issues with Sofitel Heathrow - advice please
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:13 am
tom tulpe

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by DominicB
I was traveling with a group of friends last week, with some flights from the Middle East to the USA with a change of plane at Heathrow. Owing to a flight cancellation, two of my friends needed a hotel for the night, and I agreed to help sort this out for them. I went to lastminute.com and booked two rooms for two adults at the Sofitel, which I paid in full, and for which my card was charged.

Lastminute.com has an interface that allows you to put in the name of the person making the booking, and, quite separately, the names of the guests for the rooms, all of which I filled in clearly. It turns out that the first named guest got their room OK. The second guest was told there was no room booked for them, and they had to get out their credit card and pay for a room there and then. I've been spending several days trying to get the Sofitel to address this. Emails go unanswered to the accounts team, and the quality of staff at the end of the phone is so poor (and so linguistically challenged in English) that they are incapable of understanding and addressing the problem. I would welcome any advice (how to contact the GM, perhaps?) about how to get this resolved before I go out of my mind...
Advice?
Don't use lastminute.com?