FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DCA-JFK service reduction affected my trip
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:12 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by FromDC
I just got an email from FinnAir that the DCA-JFK segment of my trip on AA (DCA-JFK-HEL-TYO) has been cancelled. Looking at the schedule, there are now only two AA morning flights on my departure date, meaning a way too long layover. This is the second time this has happened to me, first was in November TYO-JFK-DCA on JL, final segment cancelled, no late afternoon or evening flights between JFK and WAS. How likely is it that some service might be rescheduled for early to mid afternoon, or is AA pretty much eliminating that route? Obviously, lots of connections to international destinations through JFK on partner airlines, don't understand why this is going on. Thanks, would like some feedback before I call FinnAir to reschedule.
AA has made of tons of reductions with JFK service over the past year, some of it has to do with runway construction and some has to do with AA's general pull down of JFK.

When is your flight? If it's next month, then it's probably not likely you will see any additional additions before then. But if it's not till later in the year, then always a chance AA could add some frequencies back.

Speculation: Will AA continue to pull back in NYC?