FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 coronavirus - effect on Cathay Pacific
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:57 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Just got the same thing. Keep in mind there is still a lot of opportunity for sub-optimal routings/timings and lower class of service (if not already in Econ) but at least with know the parameters of their proposed solution. I did some digging last night and I found some routings that work for me on OW now so if I don't like CX's solution for my return I'll have them drop it, I'll move over to BA and use up more of my remaining AM stash (I have enough points with AM I don't have to wait for a redeposit). Still a long way to get to IAD but at least I can do it (on points) in First (I would like to burn down my AM points balance ASAP). I never thought I'd see the day where I say this, but I think at this point I have more faith in BA than CX given the current situation.
I'm going to see if they can transfer me over to DCA or shift my departure date to 13 March. I'm assuming AA doesn't have their evening service on IAD-LAX on the 14th so the only option that day is the morning service with a 12 hour layover at LAX. They have a PM departure on DCA-LAX though with a very short layover in LAX before proceeding to HKG. On the 13th they have an AS flight ex IAD to SFO in the evening that CX is showing availability on, so that would work too.

I'll see what type of changes they make and if they don't work, I'll ring them. I don't know how flexible they will be.