FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS Declares Scandinavia is not Scandinavian
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:23 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RedChili
SAS thinks that there has been a "coordinated attack on our campaign." It's unclear if they're trying to blame Putin or the Chinese. It's also unclear how long the planning for this coordination has been ongoing. The planning for this coordinated attack has probably been ongoing for months ...

https://www.nrk.no/norge/reklamevide...oen-1.14899536
Danish ad agency. But aren’t ad and media purchases run by Stockholm in the main?

Since I am not busy being amused by Crypto in Lund being on a PR kick after being flagged as a foreign intelligence front enabled and used by a very peculiar collection of countries (Sweden included) to target other countries and peoples, I will say that I did make myself a bit busy this morning to see what happened with this ad. It was likely that there were some coordinated dumping on SAS for this ad after it made the rounds amongst some online groups in Scandinavia. Not automated troll scripts from countries in the south and east, but maybe things to spread attention to this ad to set up the runway for attacking in response (and in responses).

My bet is that the attacks were mainly (but obviously not exclusively ) from the camping ground and charter tourist flight crowd that rarely flies SAS for business but is more likely to freak out when they have “foreigners” walking around in their neighborhood or doing anything they can exploit. I doubt that the ad agency was so blind to home market realities as to not realize that there are people in SAS’s home market that would attack this ad for pushing a narrative that flies in the face of those attacking elements.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 12, 2020 at 4:45 am