FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bang & Olufsen H9i NR Headset Discussion, Issues (master thread)
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:51 am
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by giants_fan
I've tried to enjoy the B&O headsets, but they just disappoint. They are big, clunky, and very uncomfortable (unless you have little, circular-shaped ears!). About 1 out of every 5 headsets I've tried has had an annoying hiss/hum, and the overall noise cancellation is mediocre. I now toss the B&O in the overhead bin, and just use my Bose QC35s instead. The noise cancelling, sound quality, and comfort are far superior, and being wireless makes life so much better!
I had the opportunity to try them recently on a trip DFW-LHR and LRH-DFW. I thought they were OK; probably similar to the Bose that they had in the past. I didn't experience any issues with the size (my ears are at least of average size), and didn't have the hiss/hum either.
I do have my own Bose QC35s, which I pulled out when the FA's collected the B&Os well before we began our descent (somehow when I traveled on CX, QR, AY, and nearly any non-US airline they don't need to do that).