FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sapphire Reserve 60k, $4,000 spend in 3 months, $550 fee.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:35 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Adelphos
CSR (and CSP) both feel and look fine. The thickest most substantial card I have seen is Capital One Venture, and no one views that card as more premium than CSR (though I think it is a good card)
I can't believe someone would honestly think they are impressing a stranger with the look of their credit card. If someone is behind me in line, I'd prefer they not be looking at my credit card due to fraud issues.

There's a big thread on the Delta forum about people showing off their status "brag tags". The MM tags I received in the mail didn't even make it on my bags since they serve no purpose at all.

The only reason I put my diamond tag on my carry on is if I think I have a shot at an upgrade and the gate agent won't do their job properly and pull the next person in line on board and I have to wait at the gate. There's been a couple times where the upgrade has or hasn't cleared and by the time I board the bins are full or I'll come off a tight connection when boarding is almost done and the bins are full and the FA will see the diamond tag and either offer to put my bag in the closet or will shift bags around in the bin by my seat and require passengers to remove items they put in the bin that shouldn't be there like purses and jackets. I know I have the tags on to get treatment I normally wouldn't receive as a non-status but I'm sure not trying to impress other passengers or the crew