FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status Runs
Thread: Status Runs
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:44 am
Zawnet

Originally Posted by immunedata
Hi all,

I fly a few times a month on average, regionally in economy. Last year I just about made Silver. I'm often booked into the promo fares which credit 25% elite miles so it seems unlikely I will ever make Gold without topping up some how.

Obviously flying a few times a month, the lounge access would really ease things so was looking at status runs.

Reading up on this forum for mileage/status runs I see a lot of reference to people gaining their tier points for BA or crediting to Qantas but not that much on getting Enrich status.

I was wondering if I wanted boost my earnings by about half (e.g. from silver to gold, so 25 elite sectors or 50,000 elite miles - what are the options?

I see that KUL-Alor Setar is 253 miles so I believe should credit 1 full elite sector. 25 B2B flights would gain Gold it seems? I can't seem to find out if JB to KL 0.5 is 1 elite sector (when on MAS operated flight, not FireFly)?

Thanks!
The days of 0.5 credits in Y are now long gone. These days, it’s a minimum of 1. So you just do the math ...

And you will also get 1 for FY-operated flights but you need to ticket these on Mh flight numbers.